Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Twelve By Twelve: The International Art Quilt Challenge

* * * * *
  • Paperback: 176 pages
  • Publisher: Lark Crafts (March 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 978-1600596667
  • Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.3 x 0.6 inches 
In my heart of hearts this is the sort of challenge I would love to be a part of! I was truly grateful when  offered the opportunity to review this book. I know several of the artists whose work is beautifully portrayed and I applaud the wonderful job they have all done in the creation of their art and the design of this simply "must have" book.
The Mathematics theme page.
The book, is course, about the artwork, but it is also so much more. The idea was that twelve themes were chosen and each member of this 12 person  group would make a 12 inch X 12 inch interpretation of the theme. All I can say is "WoW"! Themes included things such as chocolate, community, window, passion, shelter etc. The book is arranged so that one page provides small images of all twelve quilts with more in depth information about the quilts on the pages that follow. Each chapter also includes so much more information though - about meeting each other, how they explored the theme, how they approach the design process, their creative spaces and small, significant highlights about the the inspiration for their designs.

Meet the Artist information and so much more
As with all Lark books, the design of this book is a knock-out. The photographing is perfection. I have to give to Lark. When they do a book- they do it right. Yes, I am a tad prejudiced - but that happened long before I was given the opportunity to review some of their books. Lark makes it all happen.
A page that gives you information about tools and process. Potato Masher?!
The book also includes wonderful tutorials,inspirational glimpses, method/process information as well as tips and tricks about the artist's creative tools, paints, brushes and process.
Instructional and method tutorials are included.
I believe that this book will hold great appeal for art quilters and textile artists of course - but also for artists in general because it really highlights the creative process and will spark your own imagination providing you with creative ideas that will apply to whatever medium you choose to work in. You could follow the themes yourself and see what your interpretation would be. Explore the some of the tools and instructions and make them your own. Feast your eyes on the artwork. Sit back, relax and get your creative mojo going!
The artistic inspiration for their work comes front and center - or right or left!

Creative spaces are highlighted too
















note: this book was provided to me by the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. No other remuneration was received. When I give 5 stars to a book I mean it!

6 comments:

write a professional letter said...

It's important to fully understand how to write in a formal and informal manner when preparing for exams. The correct way to write both formal and informal letters can be confusing and uncertain when you don't know the rules that employers and other professionals will expect to find in a letter addressed to them.

feowl said...

It presumes to be informative for making paraphrase to avoid plagiarism. Because of my lack of writing skills often make mistake. It meets my standards to get these service. http://www.essaychanger.com/ gather more information here about paraphrase.

keo said...

I am very much afraid about my low GPA. That's why I don't apply in medical school. The facilities that it’s mentioned may be effective to apply in this field. The value of this field I knew it and I want to join in this program. It is expected to be got chance in this program. http://www.mlaeditor.net/ checks the details that flourish your need.

Anonymous said...

I always try to be unique while I submit my resume for a job. But I have failed always. But this resume service provides me as I wanted in my life. This resume guideline and pattern totally unique that will carry you to the first position in the competition. my blog to get some new information about the writing special.

Hildegard Flatley said...

These days, schools have every one of the offices to make the enthusiasm of understudies in training and useful reference instruction exercises. Scarcely any decades back, there was not at all like the present offices in schools as primary concern web wasn't there to help the schoolchildren.

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry, This design is looking so dazzling and it is driving forward of the understudy. I should regard the exceptional exertion of the understudy and I am certain the individual will win the unimaginable acknowledgment in this field. This https://www.paraphrasingservice.com/our-summarising-and-paraphrasing-services/how-to-paraphrase-in-an-essay/ site should work in a relative exertion.