Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cast On, Bind Off: 54 Step-by-Step Methods; By Leslie Ann Besto

  • * * * * *
  • Spiral-bound: 216 pages
  • Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC; Spi edition (June 19, 2012)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1603427241
  • Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 7 inches

I'm sure that there other, possible larger, books out there that contain cast on and 
bind off techniques, but I really like this one.

I find it to be well organized, well thought out and well illustrated. I have already 
learned a lot about cast-on and bind-off methods - I've even learned some 
new things about my "go to" methods that I had not known before.

Methods are organized into categories . For cast-ons: basic, stretchy, decorative, 
circular, double sided, multi-color, provisional and tubular and mobius;
 for bind-offs: basic, stretchy, decorative and sewn.

I like the size because it's easy to keep in my knitting basket and, as always,
 I really like the fact that it has a spiral binding so it lies nice and flat or folds 
over easily.

For me, this is a very useful book and contains information and instructions 
that I used to have to go searching the web for. It's a definite keeper for me !

Do you knit? Then you really might want to check this book out!
 I bet you too will want to keep it handy!

1 comment:

http://www.punchyreviews.com/ said...

This is really good size because it's easy to keep in my knitting basket and, as always, it has a spiral binding so it lies nice and flat or folds over easily. And I think this is a very useful book and contains information and instructions.