Monday, June 4, 2012

"The Queen's Vow" by C.W. Gortner

* * * * *

  • Hardcover: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Ballantine Books (June 12, 2012)
  • ISBN-13: 978-0345523969




To be upfront I should mention that I'm a fan of C.W.Gortner's work. Each of his books has been a memorable read for me - books that I am sorry to have end because I just want to keep reading!

As soon as I had "The Queen's Vow" in my hands I knew I was going to like it - and like it I did! I had been waiting for this book to be written! There hasn't been much written about Queen Isabella; we hear about Isabella & Ferdinand and we hear about their funding explorations to the New World but we don't often hear about Isabella the person, the woman and the Queen as a "stand alone" character. This book explores the person who was the Queen to perfection. From her happy familial beginnings, to her determination to marry the prince she loved at all costs, to her strength and military prowess as Queen - C.W. Gortner brings it all into focus.

The book also lends insight into the upbringing of Catherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first, beloved, Queen. Catherine seems to have inherited her mother's strength and tenacity - and strict adherence to her faith. Isabella taught her children well and this book also provides an excellent view on some of the regional politics of the day - the politics that also affected Isabella's daughters who became Queens in their own right.

Crisp, exacting details allow the reader to feel as though they are walking alongside this indefatigable woman whose determination and strength of will made her one of the world's most famous Queen's. Yes! I highly recommend this book. I couldn't put it down!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Writing your resume can be a demanding task. The reason for it is that we don't know what to write and what to leave out. And that's why resume preparation services are becoming the rage among potential job seekers. See more preparing for college interview

JesseHanson said...

I recently got to visit your page for first time and this time I am visiting your post to get some helpful content for http://www.corporateprofileservices.com/ assignment work. Your posts are really amazing.

JesseHanson said...

The Queen's Vow is really good book.I have also written my small novel and often use http://www.duplicatechecker.net/5-famous-plagiarists-in-history/ for checking content plagiarism. Good to see this post.

JesseHanson said...

I remember reading something similar to this on https://www.essaywritingboo.com/ and I must say that both of you tried to deliver a really amazing message good service which people will appreciate for sure.

Shuaib Ahmed said...

every couple these days is looking to have some different type of wedding theme more, this one is new and also looking amazing to deal with. i bleieve this is best for the summer season .

Shuaib Ahmed said...

obama being the first http://www.sentencecorrector.info/the-best-sentence-punctuation-corrector/ black president is doing a great job according to me, some people should just leave him alone and let him do what he does because hes so perfect.