Saturday, August 31, 2013

"The Angel Stone" by Juliet Dark (aka Carol Goodman)


  • * * * *

  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Ballantine Books (September 3, 2013)
  • ISBN-13: 978-0345533395


I have been a life long fairy tale fan, and I have been a big fan of this fantasy series by Juliet Dark (aka Carol Goodman) since the Fairwick Trilogy began with "The Demon Lover".  Each of these books works well as a stand alone book though so you don't have to read the entire three book series, but I think that once you read " The Angel Stone" you will want to read the other two books!

Over the course of the last two volumes I have become enthralled with the quirky world of Fairwick College, and the delightful mix of it's inhabitants. The witches, demons, fey,nephilium, and humans are all rife with possibility. The plots all contain what could be considered an allegorical basis in the truth of all humanity and they contain the best elements of what makes up all good, timeless fairytales. 

I would have loved to have gone to a college like Fairwick! What I could have learned from it's very quirky professors! The mixed of 'real world' and 'fantasy world' is well balanced, and the books moves readily, without any 'dead zones' to slow you down!

With 'The Angel Stone', this trilogy sadly comes an end. I will miss waiting for the next book in the series,but I will console myself by reading more of Carol Goodman's other novels.

'The Angel Stone' was a delightful read that held my interest. I almost read it all the way in a day! I love the creativity that comes through in this tale of love lost and found again- of just causes fought for well and won. Although this is a tale of fantasy there are bits of real world wisdom to be found as well 

Although YMMV ( your mileage may vary) I suspect that any fantasy/ paranormal or escapist reader will thoroughly enjoy this creatively written , totally delightful read.


PS: 'The Water Witch', the second book of this trilogy was my personal favorite!

5 comments:

Jimy said...

Oh so you are also having epson errors but no worries its technical solution is available on source web forum.I hope it can help people.

Claire Bell said...

Good one.You looks me much interested in providing quality academic more info here helpful material for students.I really appreciate your efforts.Thanks.

anonymous said...

I visit peruser of your site on the grounds that the exertion and strength you are appearing to the watchers is considerable and you can see more details which demonstrates your exertion and persevering. Your article is anything but difficult to see and reasonable.

Hildegard Flatley said...

Angle stone's article is best form and In all likelihood, I am completely for mechanical planning as this is unfathomably obligatory for click here all nations to change want for normal comforts of general society.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I read it twice as this is amazing article for me Truth be told, each electronic gadget we are utilizing in our well https://www.paraphrasetool.net/paragraph-reworder-online/ ordered life is the deferred result of specific and intelligent getting ready.