Saturday, November 14, 2009

Review: "The Lie: A Novel" by Fredrica Wagman



                                                                *   *   *   (three out of 5 stars)

First I would like to welcome everyone to my latest blog which will be devoted entirely to books. I will be reviewing all sorts of books here &I  hope that I will offer will be something to please everyone. Please consider following me here on Books By The Willow Tree.

My first review on my new blog is for "The Lie:A Novel" by Fredrica Wagman. I chose it because it is a book that I have been meaning to review for some time and felt that I owed it to the author and the publisher to finally review the book .



I did not know what, exactly, I was expecting when I began reading this book but it was, surely not what I found. This book is 214 pages that recount the psychology of a girl/woman & her journey to self. Growing up with the mind set of the 50's, the books protagonist, Ramona, takes us through her life; a life in which she finds a myriad of heart break and bewilderment; loss & sorrow. From the abusive home in which Ramona grows up - the daughter of an abusive father and a narcissistic mother - to the sorrows of marriage to ' the most understanding of men ' - we view Ramona's struggle to survive her deepest pains & sorrows.

I found this book to be unique for sure. It was dark & a bit disturbing to me. This book can be read as a metaphor for some of the struggles that women, in general, face. I am not certain that this book would be for everyone but I will say that it provides you with a lot to think about. I believe that Ms. Wagman has real talent for getting to the pith of matters and that she relates her take on things in a most unusual, beautifully written, way.


7 comments:

Judy said...

can't wait to see what all you're reading.

imquilternity said...

Lovely blog! I'm your first follower!

unknown said...

Here you can check the review of a novel. The lie is the name of novel from this http://www.plagiarismremover.com/ link you can get more information about this novel. That thing is best in the time when you can easily take if for you.

Hildegard Flatley said...

This post resembles an instructive report which help you to locate the correct way and this is the principle excellence of this blog I generally stay in contact of this blog. visit the website

Hildegard Flatley said...

Photographs are the most ideal approach to express your emotions and nature is ending up close the people by catching the photographs. This blog gives the amazing scenes of the nature. use this link

Hildegard Flatley said...

Fish TIMES is working great and attempts to arrive at all little too little data to us. It's everything news are on the real world and truth base. It's everything news papers I perused with no hole. homepage

Hildegard Flatley said...

Being a Narcopathic, I will when all is said in done play such games which could interface with me for a dynamically drawn out time length or in which I could think circumspectly limits in much better manner. Ping Pong and Crazy Heights are my favored games to play. visit site